Creating a Digital Presence



Teaching is a journey and technology holds much promise for teachers to document this journey and create a professional teaching portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge, skills and expertise.

The day I lost all my teaching materials to a flood in my home is the day I went digital.  My advice to new teachers is to begin their journey with a digital log to showcase what they know and have accomplished.  From knowledge about classroom management to expertise on assessment every teacher has something to share and sharing is possible with technology.  

Teachers need to let go of the hope that a resume can make you stand out in a crowd.
The resume is flat and does little to demonstrate what you know, understand and are able to do.  In this presentation I share best practices on starting a website or blog and how to build a professional learning network on Twitter and Facebook Groups.  


Got a blog to share with our teacher community? Post a comment with your blog URL or Twitter handle.


Comments